Family Day is a great opportunity for families to spend time together playing, laughing and having fun together. We at Chestnut Park Real Estate Limited, Wiarton encourage you and your family to get out there, be active, and play together on Family Day 2016. The community of Wiarton and surrounding areas have planned many events and activities that will excite any child and the child at heart. Listed below are just some of the activities and events (Information courtesy Town of South Bruce Peninsula website).
- Join in on a Horse drawn sleigh ride around Bluewater Park from 10am-12 noon, courtesy of the The Town of South Bruce Peninsula. Loading and unloading at the parking lot by the boat launch.
- Enjoy the outdoors? Strap on your skis or snowshoes and take a tour around the Sauble Cross Country Ski Trails open for free all day. Then get warmed up in the clubhouse from 11:00 am-1:00 pm with a hot dog, apple cider and a marshmellow roast (weather permitting). The Clubhouse is located at 931 Sauble Parkway, north of the Sauble Falls Bridge.
- The Bruce Peninsula Sportsmen’s Association are holding a BBQ and Archery Instruction from 12-2 pm. Drop in for a tour of the fish hatchery, try your archery skills and finish off with a BBQ in the club house, located off County Road 13 between Wiarton and Oliphant.
- Billiards anyone? Try a game of Pool at Lloyd’s Smoke Shop, Wiarton 10 am-4 pm.
- Join the Sauble Sandpipers at the Sauble Beach Community Centre and learn how to play a fun game of FloorShuffleboard 1 – 3 pm.
- Looking for a little exercise? Strap on your skates for a free skate at the Wiarton Arena from 1-3 pm courtesy of RBC.
- Then for the grand finale … 4:30-6:30 pm at the Wiarton Propeller Club, enjoy a delicious Spaghetti Dinner cooked by Chef Andy and served by special guests. Dessert is courtesy of Wiarton Foodland and Fretz’s ValuMart.
There are limitless ways to enjoy the great outdoors…hiking, snowshoeing, skiing, tobogganing or just get out and build a snowman! Plan to stay indoors this Family Day? Board games, colouring or drawing pictures, making a puzzle or building a fort with pillows are great ways to have fun with the family. Ask your kids what they would like to do and have fun doing it with them. The most important memories start with family, so have fun making unforgettable memories this Family day!